The Panhandle Popcorn Story
In 1942, the Glen Beard family moved to Plainview, TX in the “Panhandle” of west Texas and opened the Glen A. Beard Popcorn Company. From 1942 until 1956, the company worked with local farmers growing and processing special hybrids of popcorn. In 1956, the name was changed to Panhandle Popcorn Company. Glen and his son, Allen expanded the business to include a full line of concession equipment and supplies and later pre-popped popcorn. In 1977, we began selling solid white popcorn tins filled with Buttery Flavored, Cheddar Cheese and Caramel popcorn, and our mail order business was born. In 1981, we moved to our present location on Interstate 27 in Plainview, TX and in 1987, Jim Mock took over as Owner and President of Panhandle Popcorn Co.
If you find yourself traveling down Interstate 27 in the Texas Panhandle between Lubbock and Amarillo, stop in for a visit and try some of our popcorn or look for us in the local supermarkets in the West Texas area.
We continue to offer a full line concession supplies and equipment in addition to our Panhandle Pre-Popped popcorn, and we have added a few special flavors along the way. Today we still prepare our popcorn the old-fashioned way using the original Panhandle Popcorn recipes…
…After all, we’ve been Popping Perfection Since 1942!
Send Us A Message
Map & Directions
Traveling South Interstate 27, take exit 48 toward FM-3466/SW 3rd St, stay on the access road 1.5 miles. 1300 S Interstate 27 will be on the right, on the access road.